Children

Children
"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him."
(1 Jn 4:16)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Food for a Wife's Soul

A couple of weeks ago, our pastor gave an excellent sermon (as usual). In it, he mentioned that charity should always be done with Christ in mind and for the good of another's soul. He urged all of us present to think of the North American Martyrs, and other saints, and what motivated them.

When my husband and I were dating, he showed me that a young bride needs nourishment for her soul when he gave one of my sisters By Love Refined: Letters to a Young Bride by Alice Von Hildebrand as a wedding gift.

What do these two stories have to do with each other?

Well, I think that my husband had the right idea and that gift givers should also keep a person's soul in mind.

On August 15, CeAnne let me know that I had won the book, The Mirror of True Womanhood. I was very excited. I had read the first chapter of Msgr. O'Reilly's book online after learning about it and I felt that reading it in its entirety would be beneficial. I have not been disappointed. The Mirror of True Womanhood is a book that was written not only to help improve marriages and family life, but possibly for the salvation of a woman's soul.

So far, I have read about 150 pages and the book is very rich in wisdom. It is food for my soul. I am so thankful that CeAnne sent me this book. If you have a sister or friend who is getting married, The Mirror of True Womanhood would make a great bridal shower gift. It would also make a wonderful birthday present. This book might just be food for a sister's, a friend's, or your own soul.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for this post, Christine. I've seen this book, and it does sound wonderful. It's going on my list!! love your blog header photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Gardenia. I hope that you benefit from this book as much as I feel I am (or more).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recommendation, Christine. I love your criteria, food for a woman's soul...perfect! The cover is inviting, just like Our Lady. I'm putting it on my wish list:) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, would you mind if I shared this post on my Facebook? You articulate so well why I love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tiffany. I hope you enjoy the book.

    Angela, thank you for the compliment. You are welcome to share this post on Facebook. I am happy to hear that you like the book too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day! God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...